Nearly half of all physicians are treating patients through telemedicine, while many plan to change jobs, opt out of patient care roles or retire in response to the COVID-19 epidemic, according to a new survey.
Conducted by Merritt Hawkins in collaboration with The Physicians Foundation, the survey offers insights into how physicians are being affected by and are responding to COVID-19. Findings from the survey include:
- 38% of physicians are seeing COVID-19 patients
- 60% of physicians who are not seeing COVID-19 patients are willing to do so
- 21% of physicians have been furloughed or experienced a pay cut
- 14% plan to change practice settings as a result of COVID-19
- 18% plan to retire, temporarily close their practices, or opt out of patient care
- 30% who are treating COVID-19 patients are feeling great stress but will continue to see patients
Download your copy of the survey today.
Get Survey +