A Physician Career Guide from Merritt Hawkins
Embarking on a new medical career is a time of excitement and promise for new physicians — but it can also present a set of challenges totally different from those encountered in medical school or during your residency or fellowship.
To help you make the best possible choices during this critical point in your medical career, Merritt Hawkins has assembled a new eBook of useful physician career information.
Designed to provide the resources and info you need to make sure your early career steps take you in the right direction, our physician career guide is a valuable resource for physicians at any point in their careers, as well as for medical residents and fellows in the very early stages of planning a medical career. Presented as a complementary eBook, this brief but informative guide walks you through the most important stages in embarking on a medical career, including:
- Understanding and Navigating the Physician Market
- Practice Settings: What’s Available? What’s Best for You?
- Assessing Medical Practice Opportunities
- How to Work with Physician Recruiters
- Tips for Writing a CV
- Tips for Interviewing
- Understanding Compensation and Contracts (including explanations of incentive- and RVU-based compensation)
- Immigration FAQs for International Medical Graduates (IMGs)
As a leading physician recruitment firm since 1987, Merritt Hawkins is uniquely qualified to provide the insider information physicians need to get ahead in an increasingly competitive healthcare workplace. We invite you to take advantage of our unique breadth of expertise by downloading this complementary eBook today.
Questions? Comments? We welcome your feedback: Please contact us here and we’ll be in touch shortly.