Director of Hematology Research
Join a dynamic children’s healthcare system that directly cares for 250,000 children annually. This institution is seeking a Director of Hematology Research
. The Center for Cancer and Blood Disorders at this well-regarded institution has established a Comprehensive Sickle Cell Research Center with $10 million in funding from NIH
. The incoming Director of Research will continue the work to become a national leader in sickle cell research. Enjoy flexibility in research – based on your interests.
Due to breadth of research, this program can hire either a clinician scientist or a basic research scientist for this role. Depending on your professional goals, this position can be 100% research or include what clinical work you desire (up to about 40%). Academic rank and affiliation availability with one of the Top University’s in the Northeast.
This is a rare opportunity to bring your research to a brand-new 90,000 square foot research facility
– with room to expand. There is no shortage of lab-space or resources. We are seeking a researcher who would be interested in working at a bio-innovation technical park that promotes collaboration.
- Lead the research program in the process of re-application for further NIH grant funding in Sickle Cell research. They are currently working on a 5-year, $10 million grant from NIH and would apply for another, similar grant in 2019
- Programmatic Vision – Seeking a candidate that can establish vision and mentorship for continued sickle cell research, and further research within Hematology
- Clinical – Ability to have a clinical practice if desired (20%-40%) – or enjoy 100% research
NORTHEAST METRO!FANTASTIC PLACE TO CALL HOME!
- History of RO1 funding – must be able to show ability to secure RO1 funding in sickle cell research; candidates with current funding and research projects will be a welcome addition
- Demonstrated independent investigator capacity
- Leadership – we are seeking a candidate who has proven ability to lead a program and mentor fellows, residents, students
- Will explore candidates from a myriad of backgrounds – any that have Sickle Cell research background; this includes, MD/DO’s, Ph.D’s – in biomedical or data science background
- Amazing schools: Top 30 – Best School Districts in America – Niche.com
- Access to the Best of the East Coast:
- Philadelphia, PA
- Baltimore, MD (1-hour)
- Washington, DC (1.5 hours)
- New York City (45 minute train ride)
- Jersey Shore, Delaware Beaches, and more…
Please contact: Dan Jennings, Director of Recruiting at (866) 826-1217 and email CV to firstname.lastname@example.org