Moffitt Cancer Center, an NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center and ranked among the Top 10 ranked Best Hospitals for Cancer per U.S. News & World Report
, in partnership with AdventHealth, one of the largest non-profit healthcare systems in the nation, is seeking a leader who will serve as Executive Medical Director for the Oncology Early Phase Clinical Research Unit at the AdventHealth Cancer Institute in Celebration. The individual in this role will provide oversight of the new Early Phase 1 Clinical Research Unit and to advance high-caliber, comprehensive cancer care and groundbreaking research through AdventHealth and Moffitt’s consortium partnership. The ideal candidate is an M.D. or internationally recognized equivalent that is board-certified or board-eligible in medical oncology with a minimum of 10 years of clinical experience, including previous clinical research experience.Opportunity Highlights:
- A high visibility clinical and research leadership position, this role will have a tremendous amount of foundational elements that will serve as best practices for the AdventHealth system.
- Regulatory experience in an NCI center with investigator-initiated trials is required. There is currently an extensive patient population in the Central Florida area without access to Phase I clinical trials.
- Build a new Early Phase Research Program while leveraging existing assets to discover novel therapies for the fight against cancer.
- Partner with internationally renowned physicians and world-class researchers in an environment where leadership seeks to break down silos and encourage new discoveries.
- Be the face of the program while providing clinical and research oversight and leading the build-out of a cancer-focused infusion center exuding a high-caliber standard of care.
Located just outside of Orlando, the tree-lined streets of Celebration, Florida, will welcome you into this charming city. The Central Florida area offers an abundance of outdoor recreation, including kayaking, biking, fishing and boating. The Celebration campus of AdventHealth has convenient access to beaches, airports and universities. A family-friendly living environment, many theme parks, museums and sporting events are within a short drive. As well as many attractions including Disney World, Universal Studios, professional sporting events and museums.