Moffitt Cancer Center, an NCI-designated Comprehensive Cancer Center ranked #8 in U.S. News & World Report’s
Best Hospitals for Cancer, is seeking a visionary leader who will serve as the founding Chair of the new department focused on the development and application of machine learning techniques across the spectrum of cancer research. This position offers an exciting opportunity to build upon Moffitt's significant data and analytic assets, accelerating scientific discovery and translation to the clinic. Moffitt's size, its singular focus on cancer, and its close interaction and outreach with academic partners and caregivers throughout the state, nation, and world all contribute to the rich, collegial, and collaborative environment required to conduct outstanding translational cancer research and educate the next generation.
- We seek candidates who can set the vision for and lead the new department as well as his or her own independent research program in machine learning.
- Preference will be given to applicants with experience in machine learning as it applies to oncology and who exude mission-oriented mindsets.
- The successful candidate will be a senior research faculty member or leader with a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Informatics or Engineering. We are also open to an MD with an MS or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Informatics or Engineering (this position does not offer any clinical time).
- Resources will be set aside for additional recruitment of faculty; the Chair is expected to mentor junior faculty towards obtaining their own grant funding.
- The ideal candidate will have proven experience working in an NCI-designated cancer center and a track record of successful cancer-focused National Institutes of Health grant funding.
The successful candidate will be able to partner with internationally renowned physicians and world-class researchers at a Top 10 Cancer Hospital where leadership has made every effort to break down silos and encourage new discovery. This is a unique opportunity to build a new department, while also leveraging existing assets to impact humanity in the ongoing battle against cancer.
Located in a beautiful coastal city in Florida, Moffitt Cancer Center is part of a lively community rich in culture and history. With exciting events and activities and ideal weather year-round, our residents never run out of things to do.
U.S. News ranks Florida #3 in Best States for Education
- Enjoy living in a remarkable region with no state income tax
- Our city boasts exceptional public and private schools
- Enjoy an abundance of outdoor recreation, including kayaking, biking, fishing, and boating
- Visit the city’s renowned upscale shopping and dining district
- Opportunities to attend professional sporting events