General Anesthesiology Faculty Position – New York – High Powered Teaching Institution
New Opportunity from Merritt Hawkins - General anesthesiology faculty with one of the largest teaching institutions in the United States located in Upstate New York. Applicants must be board certified or board eligible in anesthesiology, have a strong desire to teach medical students, residents, fellows, and other learners while being comfortable working in a tertiary academic medical center that sees a wide variety of complex cases.
Just a few highlights of this opportunity:
The SUNY Upstate Medical University is located in the city of Syracuse, in central New York State. Syracuse has a metropolitan area population of approximately 750,000.
- The Department of Anesthesiology has a total of 30 MD/DO faculty, 30 residents, and 8 fellows across its 3 fellowship programs, namely, Neuro, Pain, and Cardiac Anesthesia.
- The Clinical Divisions include Cardiac, Chronic Pain, Critical Care Medicine, Multispecialty, Pediatric, and Perioperative Medicine.
- Clinical care is provided at the University Campus, a Level I Trauma and Tertiary Care Center, as well as two main ASC locations, and off-site locations for MR, CT, IR, ENDO, ED, and a Cancer Center of Excellence.
- Monday-Friday schedule, 7:00a-3:30p on most days; light call requirements shared one in ten weekends backed up by residents and fellows.
- Mostly general cases with Subspecialty cases covered by specialty Division Faculty. No obstetrics. Specialty teams cover cardiac and transplants.
- Excellent CRNA support working in a two-room supervision model.
- Tertiary care referral center, top-notch facilities across the board within an excellent teaching environment.
- Department provides strong support for those pursuing academic interests, including 20% protected time.
- Central New York is a beautiful, friendly and very affordable place to live
- CNN’s Money Magazine named Syracuse the No. 8 city in the nation with the most affordable real estate market
- Parenting Magazine lists Syracuse as one of the top 10 small cities to raise a child
- Syracuse ranked No. 4 in the Forbes listing of the Top 10 cities to raise a family
Home of the Syracuse Orange and the only domed stadium in the Northeast provides an excellent venue for NCAA Division I Football and Basketball. Summer and winter, there are ample outdoor recreational options at our numerous nearby county and state parks. Downhill and cross-country skiing, ice skating, swimming, boating and hiking opportunities are all within a 30-minute drive of the medical center. Cultural attractions such as museums, theater, symphony, jazz fests, and home for the New York State Fair. The area is consistently ranked as having the “Top 100” public education in the United States. Located less than five hours from Boston, New York City, Montreal, or Toronto, it affords quick access to large metropolitan venues.