The Department of Academics at Merritt Hawkins is honored to work with the Department of Family Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University to present an opportunity as Residency Program Director.
This is a rare opportunity to partner with a well-regarded and major medical university on the development of a brand-new residency program. SUNY Upstate already provides residencies in every other major specialty, as well as multiple fellowships. They have a respected medical school with over 2,000 faculty members and close to 700 medical students. With leadership that is committed to making primary care a focus of the institution, it is imperative that they develop a world-class family medicine residency. The goal of this residency will be to train strong community physicians that are passionate about academics and innovation. SUNY Upstate has a plan to start this residency in 2019 with a first class of six residents.
The Director's role includes defining and achieving the residency's strategic, academic, research, and operational goals. Duties will include administrative leadership, clinical care, mentorship, and academic program development. We are seeking a dynamic leader within academic medicine to help create the identity of this new program. The successful candidate will have experience as a leader in a family medicine residency, have vision and drive. We are seeking an innovative physician who is excited about an opportunity to create and build a program from the ground up. This is the opportunity to put your vision into action within a major university program. Syracuse, New York
Low Cost of Living / Fantastic Outdoor Adventures
Thriving University City
All inquiries and referrals will remain confidential. SUNY Upstate Medical University is an EEO/AA Employer and candidates of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Throughout the area are waterfront homes, undeveloped acreage for custom built estates and established homes within the city limits; all available for very reasonable prices
- Home to the Syracuse Orange and the only domed stadium in the Northeast, provides an excellent venue for NCAA Division I football and basketball
- Four full seasons—there are ample outdoor recreational options at our numerous nearby county and state parks
- Downhill and cross-country skiing, ice skating, swimming, boating and hiking opportunities are all within a 30-minute drive of the medical center in the nearby Finger Lakes and Adirondack Mountains
- Cultural attractions such as museums, theatre, symphony, jazz fests, and the New York State Fair
- Nationally ranked education - multiple “Top 100” public educational systems in the United States
- Easy drive to Boston, New York City, Montreal, Toronto, and Pennsylvania - Syracuse affords quick access to large metropolitan venues