Merritt Hawkins is pleased to partner with a comprehensive research-intensive university located 60 miles from New York City. We are seeking a passionate, skilled, physician to join the University's Department of Family, Population and Preventive Medicine as a full-time, patient-focused clinician in an ambulatory Patient-Centered Medical Home setting that is collegial and team-based. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the teaching mission, research projects and collaborate on innovative evidence-based patient care programs.
- Enjoy unparalleled academic resources, a quality work lifestyle, and an unbeatable benefits package
- Spend up to 50% of your time seeing patients and the rest on teaching and administrative responsibilities
- You will have an active role in Population Health initiatives including seeking out funding for these types of programs
- Teaching responsibilities will involve precepting Preventive Medicine & Family Medicine residents as well as facilitating ICM and MCS medical students
- Founding Chair of the combined department is proactively thinking about succession planning. She recognizes the need for input from a double boarded faculty member who can assume a leadership role in the future.
- You will play an important role in the continued growth of this young department and its contributions to the mission and vision of the University and Medical School.
- Board certified or eligible in Family Medicine and Preventative Medicine
- Experience, training, and knowledge in the fields of Preventive Medicine and/or Occupational Medicine, Public Health, and Family Medicine
Located a short distance from New York City, life in this area has something to offer to everyone - the peacefulness, the rich culture of the surrounding community and the excitement of New York City, easily accessible by train or car. The village combines the charm of a countryside setting with the proximity to cultural, scientific and industrial resources.
Only minutes away from the beautiful Atlantic Ocean beaches, this area offers plenty of opportunities for recreational activities like diving, fishing, boating, and other water sports. Enjoy art openings, independent films at the Cinema Arts Theater or visit the numerous wineries sprawled the East End.