The Division of Cardiology in The Heart Institute at Stony Brook University Hospital is recruiting full-time academic non-invasive and clinical cardiologists at the Assistant, Associate, and Full Professor levels to serve a population of 1.5 million people at the largest academic hospital in Suffolk County, NY.
The successful applicant will be asked to provide outstanding patient care and become an integral part of a highly collegial, innovative and award-winning faculty committed to outstanding patient care, excellence in the mentoring and teaching of 16 cardiology fellows with the opportunity to establish or participate in translational/clinical/basic science research. The program benefits from excellent inpatient and outpatient volumes and is a national leader (Top 100) in cardiovascular disease outcomes under the direction of Hal Skopicki, MD, PhD, Chief of Cardiology and CoDirector of the Heart Institute.
LONG ISLAND, NEW YORK
- Work alongside colleagues under the direction of Dr. Smadar Kort, a nationally recognized expert in cardiac imaging, education, and research, in IAC accredited echocardiography and nuclear laboratories.
- Enjoy state-of-the-art imaging modalities (ie. echo, nuclear, CT, MRI, PET-MRI).
- Competitive academic salaries in addition to productivity bonuses and a comprehensive benefits package
- The imaging program supports programs of excellence in cardio-oncology, adult congenial heart disease, mechanical circulatory support, and a robust structural heart program.
- State-of-the-art programs in interventional, structural cardiology, and electrophysiology
- Level II training is required. Additional training in structural and intraoperative echocardiography desired.
Only a car or train ride away from New York City with its multitude of cultural opportunities, sporting events, and shopping amenities. Long Island is home to a rich quality of life with spectacular family-friendly communities, award-winning schools and programs, educational and eclectic art and interest groups, diverse ethnic neighborhoods, and active year-round outdoor activities with parks, beaches, golf courses, and water-based recreational activities. Suffolk County boasts fishing villages, wine country, suburban communities, and the Hamptons among its many lifestyle choices.