This is an exempt position working 6 days every 14 day pay period, 12 hour shifts, rotating day/evening/weekend shifts. This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated APP to join a vibrant APP team which provides outstanding care to an observation unit, the Clinical Decision Unit. The APPs have a collaborative role in a Level I Trauma Center, Stroke Center, and Magnet hospital. Our ED/CDU APPs have the full support of the Physician and Nursing Leadership. There are many educational and professional growth opportunities with our team. Our department is dedicated to excellence in patient care, supportive teamwork, professional growth, education, and mentoring.
The NP/PA in the Clinical Decision Unit will work under the SHC NP or PA Generic Job Description and be responsible for evaluating and treating patients and families who present to the Emergency Department observation unit for emergent medical conditions as well as select concomitant co-morbidities. The NP/PA will initiate and interpret diagnostic evaluation(s) as appropriate. This may include but is not limited to ordering of plain radiographic, laboratory studies. CT scans or CT angios, MRI, MR angios, nuclear studies, Doppler studies, ECG, echocardiograms, ultrasounds, cardiac enzymes, blood/urine/stool cultures. The NP/PA will also be responsible to order diet, exercise, rehab services and/or durable medical equipment (DME) as well as refer for specialty services as necessary.
The NP/PA will be required to manage conditions such as, but not limited to, diabetes, asthma, COPD, hypertension, and CHF. Management by the NP/PA is provided for patients who present with acute, acute-on-chronic, or chronically stable conditions that may cause impairment in function. Treatment by the NP/PA will be within the standards of practice established collaboratively with the attending physician.
1. Current RN licensure and current Nurse Practitioner Certification in the State of California required.
2. Certification as a Nurse Practitioner by a nationally accredited nursing organization (e.g., ANCC, AACN, or National Academy of Nurse Practitioners) is required.
3. A clinical Master's degree from an accredited program
4. Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Preferred
5. Two years Advanced Practice Provider experience in Emergency Medicine and/or Observational medicine is preferred.
1. Current PA licensure and current PA Certification in the State of California required. Certification as a Physician Assistant by a nationally accredited Physician Assistant organization (e.g., NCCPA or ARC-PA) is required.
2. A bachelor's degree is required.
3. A health-related Master's degree is preferred.
4. Two years Advanced Practice Provider experience in Emergency Medicine and/or Observational medicine is preferred.