The Manager - Advanced Practice Providers (APP) provides administrative and clinical practice leadership to and manages APPs (Nurse Practitioners, Physician Assistants, Clinical Nurse Specialists, and Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists) in select areas of Stanford Hospital and Clinics. In collaboration with the Executive Director of Advanced Practice, the APP manager will participate in developing structured APP associated metrics for assessing outcomes of APP care and quality of care metrics; in ensuring that APPs meet various state and federal regulatory agency requirements, and ensure that APPs participate in cost-savings and revenue-generating practices
· Manages assigned staff and functions by assigning work, developing work procedures consistent with hospital policy, establishing work schedules and monitoring work performance performed by subordinates in order to meet agreed-upon goals, objectives, and target dates.
· Performs management functions by interviewing and hiring staff members; providing or arranging for training for subordinates; evaluating performance; and recommending or initiating personnel actions such as promotions, transfers, merit salary increases, or disciplinary action in order to ensure adequate and competent staffing as well as initiating or recommending responses to employee grievances.
· Participate in or lead efforts to assess outcomes of APP care throughout SHC.
· Ensure that APPs meet or exceed various local, state, and federal regulatory agency requirements.
· Ensure that APPs throughout SHC have evidence-based practices that support cost-savings and revenue generating inititatives.
· Collaborates with the Director of Advanced Practice to create, support, or lead initiatives to improve the work environment of APPs throughout SHC.
· Support the shared leadership model of shared governance and participate in Magnet activities.
May also participate in a clinical practice.
· Management principles and practices such as, but not limited to, employee hiring, evaluation, counseling, and termination; budgeting; and employee recognition and rewards.
· Practice evaluation and process improvement.
· National professional organizational and regulatory agency initiatives.
Standards of care and practice of APP roles.
· Communicate effectively in many venues from individual 1-on-1 sessions to a large audience.
· Recognize/reward or counsel staff.
· Have strong written and verbal communication skills.
· Conduct efficient and supportive process improvement activities.
· Contribute positively, proactively, and adeptly in institution-wide and Center of Advanced Practice initiatives.
Translate and implement national initiatives at SHC.
Education: Master's or Doctorate Degree in Nursing or other healthcare-related field from an accredited university.
Experience: Five (5) years of experience as a licensed advanced practice provider: (Physician Assistant, Nurse Practitioner, Clinical Nurse Specialist or Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist). Management experience preferred
License/Certification: Either (1): PA - Valid California license to practice as a Physician Assistant
- OR -
(2): RN - Valid California license to practice as a Registered Nurse
- AND - one of the following advanced practice nursing licenses is qualifying:
(a) NP - Valid California license to practice as a Nurse Practitioner,
(b) CNS - Valid California license to practice as a Clinical Nurse Specialist, or
(c) CRNA - Valid California license to practice as a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist