The Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is seeking an outstanding individual to serve as Chief of Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia. The successful candidate will have a national reputation as a leader in the areas of patient care, medical education, and research as well as exceptional administrative and organizational skills. The department particularly welcomes applications from candidates who will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in medicine. Applicants must be board-certified or equivalent in pediatric anesthesia, fellowship-trained or equivalent in pediatric cardiac anesthesia, and licensed to practice medicine in California at the time of appointment.
The UCSF Medical Center is a quaternary care hospital that fosters an excellent teaching environment. The department runs the #2 ranked anesthesiology residency program nationwide, per U.S. News & World Report
, in addition to several ACGME-accredited and non-accredited fellowship programs, including one for pediatric cardiac anesthesiology.
- World-renowned pediatric heart team; internationally recognized physicians
- Brand new state-of-the-art facilities, located on a newly opened campus in the highly sought-after community of Mission Bay
- Department provides strong support for those who wish to pursue academic interests, including ample protected academic time, mentorship programs, and elite research infrastructure
- Strong global health programs within the department and across UCSF; opportunity to join a number of ongoing medical missions around the world
- Opportunity to advance an already strong team of pediatric cardiac anesthesiologists to the next level, working with very skilled and experienced surgeons across the board, all with a collaborative approach and a focus on continued growth
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be a contributing member with one of the pre-eminent academic health centers in the world while residing in one of the most desirable places to live in the U.S. San Francisco, California—a city rich in history, economic and business development, scenic surroundings, diverse opportunities for year-round recreation and enjoyment, and an inviting and safe community to live and raise a family.The University of California is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or protected veteran status.