The Department of Anesthesia and Perioperative Care at the University of California, San Francisco (UCSF) is seeking general anesthesiologists, as well as anesthesiologists with additional training in cardiac or regional anesthesia. Applicants must be board eligible or equivalent in anesthesiology, and eligible for a California medical license. The Department particularly welcomes applications from candidates who will contribute to diversity and equal opportunity in medicine.
Candidates who are seeking clinician-educator roles must have additional training in Cardiac or Regional Anesthesia. The UCSF Medical Center is a quaternary care hospital and fosters an excellent teaching environment. The Department runs the #2 Ranked Anesthesiology residency program nationwide, per U.S. News & World Report
, in addition to several ACGME accredited fellowship programs.
For candidates seeking 100% clinical, general anesthesiology staff positions, expectations include:
- No overnight call; no obstetric, no cardiac, no pediatric cases
- General OR work mostly; candidates experienced with major surgical procedures, including spine surgery, and other neurosurgery and orthopedic cases would be a plus
- Generally solo work, though occasionally paired with residents or CRNAs
- Flexible scheduling consisting of 8, 10 or 12-hour shifts
- Compensation up to $400k + full benefits
- Previous academic experience is not required
This is an exciting and unique opportunity to be a contributing member with one of the preeminent academic health centers in the world while residing in one of the most desirable places to live in the U.S.
Any applicants that respond directly to UCSF will not be considered.
San Francisco, California—a city rich in history, economic and business development, scenic surroundings, diverse opportunities for year-round recreation and enjoyment, and an inviting and safe community to live and raise a family.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age or protected veteran status.