Merritt Hawkins, the nation’s premier academic search firm, invites you to consider an opportunity to join the Glenn Biggs Institute for Alzheimer’s and Neurodegenerative Diseases, a newly established and growing comprehensive center for research and care.
The Biggs Institute is a free-standing institute within UT Health San Antonio, established with a vision to transform dementia care in South Texas and accelerate the race towards prevention and treatment. The institute has immense institutional and community support, philanthropic and NIH funding, as well as a number of existing resources within UTHSA.
We are seeking a board certified or eligible, fellowship-trained Geriatric Psychiatrist with interest or experience treating patients Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and other neurodegenerative diseases. Individuals who are passionate about their work and have interest or experience in clinical research will be highly preferred.
Other highlights include:
- Join a multidisciplinary team of neuropsychologists, geriatricians, psychotherapists, social workers, neurologists and several other support staff.
- Robust research support including endowment funds are available for a qualified chair candidate.
- Treat a diverse patient population in the university hospital and in the state-of-the-art outpatient clinic space.
- Selected faculty will be afforded protected time and collaborative opportunities for their research, teaching, and administrative duties..
- Opportunity to teach and supervise medical students and residents.
- Work directly with the Director of the Biggs Institute and the Chair of Psychiatry who have strong commitments to mentorship and rapid career advancement.
- Competitive salary commensurate with the level of experience, publications and research funding.
- Comprehensive UT system benefits package including relocation assistance and other incentives.
In addition to a fantastic professional opportunity, this position allows you to live and work in one of the largest and most diverse cities in the country. You’ll enjoy a vibrant downtown area where modern skyscrapers intermingle with historic sites and live entertainment is available all year. A favorable winter climate allows you to take advantage of the scenic Texas Hill Country, gorgeous lakes, and golf-courses year-round. These advantages are accompanied by a strong economy, excellent public and private school options, professional sporting events, no state income tax, and a low cost of living.