A renowned academic institution in the Pacific Northwest is seeking a highly qualified child/adolescent psychiatrist for a university-employed position with an academic appointment (assistant or associate professor, depending upon experience and current title). The ideal candidate must be fellowship-trained in child/adolescent psychiatry.
This is a wonderful opportunity to grow in your career while working alongside a team of dedicated psychiatric professionals who offer compassionate and expert care, including crisis stabilization, crisis intervention, medication management, crisis counseling, social work, and family and peer support. The incoming physician will work in an inpatient capacity out of a dedicated 22-bed ward that is part of a university partner’s psychiatric emergency services center.
- The university offers a competitive salary as well as a benefits package that includes a sign-on bonus and relocation assistance
- Earn differential pay for additional shifts and internal moonlighting
- Receive dedicated support from nurses, NPs, social workers, therapists, and peer support specialists while practicing alongside other child/adolescent psychiatrists, adult psychiatrists, and addiction psychiatrists
- Care navigators create and coordinate ongoing care plans for continuing treatment, with the goal that every patient walks out of the door with a recovery plan already in motion
- Opportunity to teach resident, fellows, and medical students
- Ability to participate in research
- Work in a tight-knit environment with incredible collaboration
- Candidates of all experience levels are encouraged to apply
Ranked #8 by U.S. News & World Report
in Best Places to Live in the U.S.” and #14 by Niche
in “Best Cities for Young Professionals in America,” Portland, Oregon, offers a wonderful quality of life for families and individuals alike. With breathtaking nature all around and a genuine and welcoming community, you’ll feel right at home as soon as you arrive.
U.S. News ranks Oregon #5 for Best States for Economy, and Medscape ranks it in the top 20 of its Best Places to Practice
- Portland boasts exceptional public and private schools, including three of the top 10 best public high schools and three of the top 10 best private high schools in the state (Niche), as well as local colleges and universities
- Enjoy an abundance of outdoor activities, including hiking, camping, fishing, horseback riding, canoeing, whitewater rafting, and tubing
- Live in Portland or its surrounding suburbs, allowing for convenient access to the city’s many amenities, including an international airport, incredible shopping and dining options, an abundance of entertainment, and professional sporting events