Seeking Pediatric Gastroenterologists with Sub-Specialty Interests in Celiac disease, Eosinophilic esophagitis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease or Nutrition
OHSU, Portland, Oregon
Merritt Hawkins, the nation’s premier academic physician search firm, has partnered with Oregon Health and Science University to invite you to consider a Pediatric Gastroenterology Faculty opportunity. We are seeking full-time faculty with an interest in an academic career to join a pediatric academic practice with both clinical responsibilities and dedicated time for professional development. We are seeking faculty members with an interest in research and clinical expertise in the following areas: Celiac disease, Eosinophilic esophagitis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease or Nutrition. There are substantial clinical and academic opportunities available within this growing division. The features of this opportunity include:
- Opportunity to see general gastroenterology patients
- Opportunity to develop a Clinical Center of Excellence
- Participate in call pool with eight other pediatric gastroenterologists
- Join a strong team of physicians, nurse practitioners, nutritionists, and other staff committed to delivering exceptional patient care
- Recognized as one of America’s leading free-standing Children’s Hospitals, the Department excels in pediatric care, training, research, and community outreach
- Full sub-specialty support with access to all Pediatric sub-specialists
- Opportunity for professional scholastic development of your own clinical/research interest niche that will be fully supported by the Department; Protected time to pursue scholarly activity interest, if applicable
- Participate in education at the medical student and resident level
- Candidates with experience developing clinical programs will be prioritized
- Large metropolitan community of over 3 million, frequently recognized as one of the most environmentally conscious cities
- Top 3 “Best Places to Raise a Family”, exceptional public schools, and low cost of living
- Community offers the best of both worlds, a temperate climate with both oceanic and Mediterranean features
- International airport with access to the entire U.S.
- Home to multiple museums, art centers, the symphony, ballet, opera, and theater
- Extensive outdoor activities including hiking, fishing, and boating with city-wide emphasis on marathons and biking
This institution values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. They are proud of their commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply.
All applicants are encouraged to respond directly to Merritt Hawkins, Department of Academics. Any applicants that respond directly to the OHSU Department of Pediatrics will not be considered.