Join Top Ranked Academic Program in one of the Top 3 “Best Places to Raise a Family”
Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU) invites you to consider a Pediatric Allergy and Immunology faculty position. The ideal candidate will be board certified or board eligible in Pediatric Allergy & Immunology and have a strong desire to build an integrated practice alongside a multidisciplinary team of pediatricians, including bone marrow transplant, infectious diseases, and pediatric specialists focused on quality, safety, and patient-centered care.The features of this opportunity include:
- Work at Doernbecher Children’s Hospital—consistently ranked among the best hospitals in the nation and offering the region’s broadest range of pediatric care
- No night or weekend call required
- Full pediatric sub-specialty inpatient and outpatient support on-site
- Flexible schedule; you structure your days between outpatient work, inpatient consults, clinical teaching as well as protected time for clinical research if desired
- Opportunity to work with fellows, residents, and medical students
- Can support J1/H1B Visas
The successful candidate will build a robust practice in primary immunodeficiency disorders through a collaborative, integrated approach. Opportunity to mix in general allergy as well if desired. Verified referral base from within and external to the Department of Pediatrics. OHSU is the primary consultant for the Northwest Regional Newborn Screening Program which has one of the highest national rates of detection of primary immunodeficiencies, performing screening of newborns from Oregon, Idaho, Nevada, New Mexico, Alaska, Hawaii, the Navajo Nation, Guam, and Saipan.OHSU is located in Portland, Oregon, a beautiful city in the Pacific Northwest…
- Large metropolitan community of over 3 million, frequently recognized as one of the most environmentally conscious cities
- Top 3 “Best Places to Raise a Family”, exceptional public schools, and a low cost of living
- Community offers a temperate climate with both oceanic and Mediterranean features
- International airport with access to the entire U.S.
- Extensive outdoor activities including hiking, fishing, and boating with city-wide emphasis on marathons and biking
This institution values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. They are proud of their commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply.