Cardiac Intensive Care Medical Director Position
Merritt Hawkins, the nation’s premier academic physician search firm, has partnered with Oregon Health & Science University to invite you to consider a Cardiac Intensive Care Medical Director position in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. The ideal candidate will be board certified in both Pediatric Critical Care and Cardiology, have established leadership experience and a strong desire to promote the advancement of the Division in the areas of quality, safety, and family-centered care. There are substantial clinical and academic opportunities awaiting this new faculty member. The features of this opportunity include:
- Work at Doernbecher Children's Hospital-- consistently ranks among the best hospitals in the nation and offers the region's broadest range of pediatric treatments
- Join a strong team of physicians, practitioners, and staff who work collaboratively to deliver clinical excellence
- Full sub-specialty support with access to all Pediatric sub-specialists
- 20-bed mixed unit with an average daily census of 13
- Flexible schedule with ability to do both general Critical Care and Cardiac Critical Care
- Ability to motivate, teach and facilitate residents, medical students, and faculty
- Large metropolitan community of over 3 million, frequently recognized as one of the most environmentally conscious cities
- Top 3 “Best Places to Raise a Family”, exceptional public schools, low cost of living
- Community offers the best of both worlds, a temperate climate with both oceanic and Mediterranean features
- International airport with access to the entire U.S.
- Home to multiple museums, art centers, the symphony, ballet, opera, and theater
- Extensive outdoor activities including hiking, fishing, and boating with city-wide emphasis on marathons and biking
All applicants are encouraged to respond directly to Merritt Hawkins Department of Academics. Any applicants that respond directly to the Division will not be considered.This institution values a diverse and culturally competent workforce. They are proud of their commitment to being an equal opportunity, affirmative action organization that does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of any protected class status, including disability status and protected veteran status. Individuals with diverse backgrounds and those who promote diversity and a culture of inclusion are encouraged to apply.
Board Certified in Pediatric Critical Care and appropriate experience in Cardiac Intensive Care, ability to obtain a California Medical License
Board Certified in both Pediatric Critical Care and Pediatric Cardiology
About The Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.