MillicanSolutions, LLC, an AMN Healthcare Company and retained executive search firm specializing in pediatric executive and physician leadership seek an outstanding academic leader to direct the Division of Pediatric Cardiology as the Division Head, Pediatric Cardiology and Co-Director, Congenital Heart Center for the Department of Pediatrics at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria and the OSF Healthcare Children’s Hospital of Illinois.
OSF Healthcare Children’s Hospital of Illinois (CHOI) is a 144-bed, full-service children’s hospital, with more than 115 pediatric specialists in 40+ subspecialties. Children’s Hospital is the major pediatric teaching affiliate of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria (UICOMP). UICOMP is one of four regional campuses that make up the nation’s largest public medical school. The Peoria campus is the sponsoring institution of 11 residency programs and eight fellowship training programs.
The Division Head will work with the Department of Pediatrics Head and CHOI leadership to grow and enhance the state-of-the-art clinical program, including recruitment and retention of physicians, advanced practice providers and staff needed to maximize clinical productivity and advance child health in the area of pediatric cardiology. She/he will oversee and allocate resources so that the clinical staff provides outstanding value-based care to pediatric cardiology patients in both the inpatient and outpatient platforms including further expansion of key clinical programs within the region.
Education and academic responsibilities encompass a broad set of duties including development of a strategy to enhance the Division’s academic performance, with the goal of continued growth. The Division Head will be a physician leader with a record of professional leadership in an academic institution. Must be BC in Pediatrics and/or Pediatric Cardiology.Key Highlights:
- The Division of Pediatric Cardiology currently has 11 physicians and two APNs located in Peoria and two physicians located in Rockford, IL.
- Division has faculty and programs in all sub-specialties within pediatric cardiology including echocardiography, fetal echo, adult congenital, interventional cardiology, cardiac MRI, and electrophysiology.
- Strong, established pediatric cardiovascular surgery program with two pediatric cardiac surgeons averaging between 250 – 300 cases annually.
- Busy regional outreach pediatric cardiology program that continues to expand.
- Commitment from OSF Children’s Hospital of Illinois and UICOMP to continue to grow the Division of Pediatric Cardiology and the Congenital Heart Center.
- OSF Innovation, located at the Jump Simulation & Education Center in Peoria, is where collaboration and innovation lead the transformation of health care worldwide. Jump Simulation programs and objectives are key to improving the safety, effectiveness and efficiency of care for community members across the region. There is currently a $15 million endowment supporting the work in advanced imaging and modeling.
The University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer. Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.