Merritt Hawkins has been tasked with the recruitment of one adult critical care physician to work at a 500-bed hospital in Northern NJ, just outside of NYC. This hospital has 9 critical care/pulmonology fellows in training. They also have 57 Internal Medicine residents in training. The incoming physician will have the opportunity to teach the residents and fellows.
The incoming Intensivist will cover the two hospitals within the Healthcare System, the first hospital has a 28 bed ICU, and the second, a 14 bed ICU. They are within 10 minutes driving distance from each other.
Currently, there are six Intensivists employed by the health system. They need a full 7 Intensivists in order to open the ICU and run it efficiently. The incoming Intensivist will work 7 days on and 7 days off doing 12-hour shifts rotating days and nights with the other Intensivists. There will be 6 critical care Nurse practitioners on staff. During the day there are two physicians and two NP’s covering the ICU. In the future, the night shifts will be covered by one physician and two NPs.
The ICU is considered a Hybrid unit. Private Doctors request orders from the Intensivists and the intensivists will write the orders up. Once the team is in place, the ICU will be a closed unit. Unlimited Amenities: Broadway Shows, Professional Sports, 5-Star Dining, And Shopping
Enjoy an abundance of amenities year-round in this bustling community while having easy access to the most popular city in the world. You and your family will experience breathtaking scenery year-round without having to deal with traffic, congestion, and complications of living in a big city. Highlights include:
- Easy access to New York City
- Access to three different international airports
- All professional and Division I college sports
- Access to all types of education—private and top-ranked private schools
- Very competitive home prices in this metro suburb
- Concerts, orchestra, museums, and galleries—you name it and it’s available
- If you live in the NYC area now and are looking for a new position or looking to relocate, then call me at your earliest convenience
- Employed by the Health System
- $312,000 base salary, ($450,000 + earning potential with RVU’s)
- RVU Production bonus (threshold = 3900, $30 per RVU above the threshold)
- Health and Dental
- 403B Retirement
- Life and Disability Insurance
- 30 days of PTO with 6 holidays, and 12 sick days in extended bank
- One week for CME and $2500 CME Allowance