Merritt Hawkins is conducting a national search for one of the Nation’s largest hospitals and research institutions. We seek an Adult or Pediatric Endocrinologist, or other specialties who have had extensive focus in clinical type I diabetes research. The desired candidate will have a track record of research funding from industry or government sources. Your research program will complement an already well-established Type II diabetes research institute.
Some highlights of this opportunity are:
- 54,000 square feet of dedicated diabetes and metabolism research space
- 9-bed dedicated inpatient observation unit for diabetes research
- 3,000 sq.ft. of (CLIA) certified lab space for research, phlebotomy and sample processing
- Dedicated Magnetic Resonance Imaging and Spectroscopy (MRI/S), Dual-Emission X-ray Absorptiometry
- (DXA), and optical spectroscopy for diabetes research
- 4 calorimeter-room units, one of very few found nationwide
- New exercise and bioenergetics laboratory
- Within walking distance of a 1,000+ bed hospital that supports 19 different research institutes
- Diabetes research staff includes 90 total FTEs with 10 PhDs, specialists in nutrition, exercise, and metabolism
- Existing robust clinical research programs include NIH and industry funding
- Collaborative clinical setting partners exercise, nutrition, and metabolic research
- One million dollar Endowed Chair available for the incoming candidate
- Academic appointment opportunities with multiple major Florida universities
- Opportunity to teach residents, if desired
- Excellent guaranteed salary and start-up research package
- Generous protected time for research and administrative duties
- Optional clinical practice could be 100% outpatient
- 2,000 active Type I diabetic patients
- Large service area attracts diverse patient mix and rare pathology
- You will have a dedicated post-doctoral research fellow
One of Florida’s most beautiful communities voted as the 4th most desirable place to live in the United States. This city has a population of 265,000 and 2.4 million in the metro-area. One hour to the beautiful beaches of the Atlantic and 1.5 hours to the Gulf. The community has a plethora of new and established golf and lake communities with scenic views. The area is also known as a world-class destination for recreation and entertainment. A robust economy, exquisite shopping, excellent public, and private education and the largest university in the country enrich the area to offer a superb quality of living.
In summary—this is an opportunity to jump aboard a world-class research institute to develop Type I Diabetic Research with all the high-tech and high-touch support possible in sunny Florida.
MD, DO, or PhD
Experience with T-1D (Diabetes) research
or T-2D research
About The Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.