Orlando Health, a $3.8 billion not-for-profit healthcare organization with more than 3,300 beds serving Central Florida and beyond, seeks an outstanding leader as the Chief Medical Officer, Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies (WPH) & Assistant Vice President, Orlando Health. A member of the WPH executive leadership team, the Chief Medical Officer works collaboratively with the Medical and Hospital Staff to ensure evidence-based practice standards, protocols, and direction are in place and ensures the highest quality and efficiency of patient care.
Reporting to and in partnership with the Senior Vice President, Orlando Health and President, Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies, Kelly Nierstedt, the Chief Medical Officer Executive will be responsible for clinical leadership and administering clinical quality with the goal of delivering exceptional clinical and patient-centric women’s health and neonatal services in Orlando, the Southeast Region and for establishing Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies as a nationally recognized leader in Women and Babies clinical care. The CMO will lead these quality improvement initiatives for Women’s and Babies’ programs across all Orlando Health facilities, including the integration of employed and independent physician groups with Women’s and Babies’ clinical protocols and quality improvement initiatives.Position Requirements:
- An MD (or equivalent) with a track record of administrative leadership experience is required for this position.
- Previous administrative/leadership experience in an institution that has a high volume and high-risk patients (> 5,000 births annually).
- Graduate degree in business, healthcare administration or related field preferred.
- Eligible for medical licensure in the State of Florida.
- Board certification by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology required. OB/GYN strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience as a clinical physician required.
- Minimum 3–5 years’ experience as a healthcare executive required. Experience within an integrated healthcare system is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in improving operational performance in the areas of quality and safety including patient satisfaction, physician and employee satisfaction.
Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women & Babies is dedicated exclusively to the unique healthcare needs of women and babies in a caring, family-centered environment. An extraordinary Orlando Health facility, Winnie Palmer is home to leading physicians, surgeons and specialists, as well as one of the nation’s largest and most successful neonatal intensive care units. Physicians provide specialized care that covers all facets of women's health, from comprehensive gynecological services and minimally invasive surgeries to obstetrics and high-risk pregnancies and births.