Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters (CHKD) is seeking a qualified candidate to serve as the Division Chief of Pediatric Urology and continue the division’s mission of promoting excellence through enhanced patient care, improved referral relationships, clinical and surgical innovation, medical education, and clinical research.
CHKD is a 206-bed hospital that includes a 25-bed PICU, a 68-bed Level IV NICU, a full-time Pediatric Emergency Department with a Level I pediatric trauma and Level I ACS surgery designation, a 10-room surgical suite with state-of-the-art equipment, and a dedicated support staff. The hospital also provides surgical services at two community-based ambulatory surgery centers.
Highly Competitive Compensation Package
- The Division Chief will lead a division with three pediatric urologists and will work to enhance faculty and staff engagement through focused attention on recruitment, retention, faculty career development, technological innovation, clinical research, and education.
- The ideal candidate will be trained in robotics and able to shepherd the CHKD Urology Division and faculty through the purchase and implementation of a da Vinci Surgical System.
- With the purchase of a da Vinci Surgical System budgeted for the upcoming fiscal year, our institution offers tremendous support of and commitment to robotic surgery.
Located in a remarkable region of the East Coast and home to more than 1.7 million, Coastal Virginia offers an abundance of opportunity and breathtaking landscapes. With the Chesapeake Bay, Atlantic Ocean, and multiple rivers right outside your door, you will never run out of opportunities to get out and explore the outdoors.
U.S. News ranks Virginia #7 in Best States Overall, and Medscape names it one of the Best Places to Practice
- A family community with events and activities for all ages
- Enjoy a lower cost of living than the national average
- Live in town or on the water—with quick, easy access to Washington, D.C.
- Community boasts exceptional public and private schools, including one of the top 5 private schools in the state (Niche)
- Growth—so many recognize this area for all of the benefits and amenities; it is a top destination for retired and active-duty military, and the metro area is one of the most appealing areas in the country in attracting millennials
- A variety of water sports available—surrounded by water, both bay and ocean