A respected academic institution is seeking a physician that is board-certified or board-eligible in geriatric medicine to join our team in a faculty role and continue our commitment to promoting health, well-being, independence, and quality of life in older adults through clinical practice, education, research, and advocacy.
In this role, the qualified candidate will enjoy flexibility, with the option to focus on long-term care, rehabilitation, or adult care residencies. The individual will be able to focus on a specific area of his or her interest. This is a wonderful opportunity to work with well-established clinical programs in outpatient dementia consultation, inpatient geriatric consultation, ACE/NICHE units, skilled nursing and assisted living facilities, a CCRC, and hospice and palliative medicine practices.
Benefit from exceptional mentorship and support
- The qualified candidate will have the opportunity to enjoy numerous collaborations in research and service with other departments, colleges, universities, and community-based programs.
- Inpatient geriatric consultations are provided at the affiliated 525-bed acute care center, ranked by U.S. News & World Report as a high-performing facility for geriatrics.
- Our nationally recognized model of Acute Care for Elders (ACE) units offer enhanced care for older adults in specially designed hospital units. Geriatricians, advanced practice nurses, social workers, pharmacists, and physical and occupational therapists work together to deliver cost-effective, compassionate, patient-centered care.
- Training programs include a geriatrics-internal medicine resident track and fellowships in geriatric medicine and hospice and palliative medicine.
- The new faculty member will be provided mentorship and support in order to excel in all three areas of academic medicine.
- International candidates are encouraged to apply.
Located in a remarkable region of the East Coast and home to more than 1.7 million individuals, Coastal Virginia offers an abundance of opportunity and breathtaking landscapes. With the Chesapeake Bay, Atlantic Ocean, and multiple rivers right outside your door, you will never run out of opportunities to explore the outdoors.
U.S. News ranks Virginia #7 in Best States Overall, and Medscape names it one the Best Places to Practice
- Enjoy a lower cost of living than the national average
- Experience an array of cultural and entertainment events, including the opera, ballet, theater, museums, and a variety of sporting events
- Our town boasts exceptional public and private schools, including one of the top 5 private schools in the state (Niche)
- Wonderful location to raise a family