Merritt Hawkins Department of Academic Recruiting has partnered with Yale School of Medicine Department of Anesthesiology to find board certified, fellowship trained critical care anesthesiologists with experience in critical care management of cardiothoracic patients.
The Department of Anesthesiology faculty provide clinical and administrative leadership in the adult cardiothoracic ICU. The 18-bed unit cares for patients undergoing a wide variety of cardiac procedures including CABG, valves, assist devices, ECMO, and transplantation. The faculty are also actively involved in fellowship training for both the cardiac and ICU fellowships; as well as participation in all aspects of resident education.
The Division of Cardiac Anesthesia’s 14 faculty share a common vision: to provide the best in patient care while advancing the department’s educational and academic missions. Their relationships with their surgeons are very good and built on trust and mutual respect. The team works well together, has low turnover, is growing its national presence, and recruits world-renowned investigators. The current need is due to an expansion of in-house coverage until midnight. Scheduling will be based on equality, not tenure.
- The department has a long history of providing clinical care and medical direction in the CT ICU
- Clinical duties will be divided between the CT ICU and operating room
- Expanded fellowships in both cardiac and intensive care; six and two fellows respectively
- Opportunities for physician-scientists to participate in ongoing clinical trials and translational research activities
- Averaged 50 heart transplants, 30 ECMO, and 30 devices last year
The candidate should be:
- Board certified anesthesiologist with a fellowship in critical care medicine and ideally, a cardiac anesthesia fellowship, too
- Possess organizational and interpersonal skills to work collaboratively with all members of the cardiothoracic critical care team
- Have strong teaching skills that will be integral to the education of residents, advanced practice providers, nurses, and fellows
Opportunities for J-1 visa candidates are available.Yale University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, persons with disabilities, protected veterans, and members of underrepresented minority groups are encouraged to apply.