Yale University is seeking an energetic leader to add to its largest division, perioperative adult anesthesia, which is further divided into multiple sections, covering everything but cardiac care. All divisions and sections incorporate faculty with fellowship expertise, more than 90 percent of whom have advanced subspecialty fellowship training. The associate chief will provide additional leadership to continue important work already underway, including improving quality and safety of patient care, strengthening the educational programs, and advancing the academic mission.
The department is strongly committed to providing perioperative care across the entire clinical care continuum. There is an active solid organ transplantation program, which provides transplantation in the following areas: renal, intestinal, cardiac, and liver.
Yale is 10th in National Institutes of Health funding nationwide
- The associate chief will be able to demonstrate a history of success in a leadership role in an academic medical center with a distinguished career as a clinician, scholar, and educator.
- We seek someone who will be deeply committed to the academic mission of the section who and will be able to focus efforts on developing a strategic vision focused on faculty development, recruitment, retention, and mentorship.
- The ideal candidate will be an innovative and transformational leader who has cultural sensitivity to manage a complex organization and demonstrate the interpersonal skills that will assure successful relationship building with a variety of stakeholders.
Located alongside the Long Island Sound in a beautiful region of New England, New Haven, Connecticut, offers a variety of opportunities for everyone. Whether you are basking in the remarkable nature and its scenic views, exploring the various orchards and vineyards, visiting our historical sites, or attending one of our many festivals and cultural events, you will appreciate the pleasant quality of life that New Haven residents experience.
U.S. News ranks Connecticut #3 in Best States for Health CareJ Visa candidates are welcome. Yale University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, persons with disabilities, protected veterans, and members of underrepresented minority groups are encouraged to apply.
- Enjoy four distinct seasons and endless opportunities for outdoor recreation, including swimming, sailing, skating, hiking, biking, and golfing.
- We offer exceptional private schools, including the #2 best private high school in the state (Niche).
- Located less than two hours from New York City, New Haven is only a short drive from the Big Apple and its many amenities, including top-notch restaurants, Broadway shows, and professional sporting events.