Major Michigan University ObGyn Program Director and Faculty
Merritt Hawkins, the Nation’s premier academic search firm, invites you to consider a unique opportunity to join an established academic Obstetrics & Gynecology division at a highly ranked academic center in the Midwest. The OB/GYN Program Director assists in all facets of the academic program. Faculty will be engaged in providing quality education in a clinical environment, service diverse patients, including the medical underserved.
Ideally, we are seeking candidates with a strong passion for teaching as the faculty will be responsible for resident instruction and preceptorship both within the clinic and within the labor and delivery service. We are also seeking faculty that contribute to peer reviewed journals and work with residents to foster their interest in scholarly activity. The opportunity features the following benefits:
BIG CITY AMENITIES WITHOUT THE HEADACHES
- The opportunity or enter into a thriving practice doing 3000+ deliveries
- OB/GYN residency program- Clerkship Director position available
- Midwives help cover Labor and Delivery with residents
- Excellent Midlevel, Nurse Practitioner support in the clinic
- Maternal Fetal Medicine available for high risk referrals
- Spacious clinical facilities with new, state of the art equipment including latest robotics capability
- Equitable call sharing and resident coverage
- Participation in clinical research
- Outstanding benefits package, compensation, and sign on bonus
For those who have never had the pleasure of visiting the Midwest, you are in for a treat. There are an abundance of outdoor activities right outside your door step. Your central location allows you to be a short flight to anywhere in the country as well as access to international flights.
- Enjoy the beauty of four seasons
- Outdoor paradise—any and every outdoor activity imaginable from sailing, boating, waterskiing, hiking, biking, camping, fishing, birding, hunting and an abundance of golf
- Multiple shopping malls in the area
- National restaurant chains, as well as, locally and regionally-owned fare
- Children’s museum and large zoo, plus many unique festivals and events
- Cost of living: 20% below the national average with affordable housing that averages $80 per square ft
- Multiple colleges and universities
- Easy access to metropolitan areas - catch an NFL, MLB, NHL or NBA game
ACGME program experience to include Assistant Program Director or Program Director titles. 5 years of faculty experience with ACGME program.
About The Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.