The Department of Radiology at a renowned Big 10 Land Grant University Medical School is seeking two full-time radiologists. Faculty experience the advantages of working within a dynamic academic, resident-centric environment while enjoying competitive compensation and excellent benefits.
Primary job duties will include interpreting diagnostic imaging in the chest, abdomen, and/or pelvis at a tertiary care center that serves both inpatients and outpatients. The preferred candidate will have completed a fellowship specializing in abdominal or chest imaging. All applicants must be board-certified or board-eligible by the American Board of Radiology and be comfortable working in a busy academic medical center seeing complex cases.
The Department of Radiology is at the Forefront of Imaging in a Region Known for Some of the Nation's Best Health Care
- Excellent educational environment. Resident-centric practice model. The Department is home to a large and highly regarded ACGME accredited residency program and six fellowship programs.
- Excellent clinical environment with a team-based approach to diagnosing a wide range of cases. Faculty are exposed to an interstitial lung disease program and a very busy transplant center, in addition to statewide and regional referrals.
- Both clinically focused and academic track applicants will be considered. Academic rank, compensation, and appointment type will be based on qualifications and experience.
- The Department is home to an internationally renowned center for ultrahigh field MRI with some of the most advanced MR instrumentation in the world.
Part of the 14th largest metropolitan areas in the United States (according to the U.S. Census Bureau), this city offers an exceptional quality of life to all of its residents. This region is an outdoor enthusiasts dream, featuring a riverfront skyline, breathtaking waterfalls, an array of lakes, and more hiking and biking trails than you could imagine. Additionally, with a local university and NFL, NBA, NHL, MLS, and MLB teams, you will be able to enjoy collegiate and professional sporting events throughout the year.
- You will have access to exceptional public and private schools, including one of the top 20 elementary schools and 2 of the top 20 private schools in the state (according to Niche).
- You will have convenient access to a busy international airport, which also serves as a Delta hub, ranked #3 in “Top 10 Domestic Airports” by Travel + Leisure magazine.
- You will enjoy a variety of individual and family-friendly events throughout the year, including one of the largest state fairs in the nation, as well as an abundance of top-notch entertainment and unique shopping and dining options.