Medical School Ranked in the Top 20 Nationally
Seeking Fellowship Director and Faculty in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Merritt Hawkins, the nation’s leading academic healthcare consulting firm, invites you to consider an opportunity located in one of the most sought after capital cities in the country. This medical school is recognized as one of the premier institutions in the country, both for its educational programs and for its cutting-edge research. Not only is this the busiest birthing center in the state, but the university children’s hospital is ranked among the nation’s Top 50 Pediatric Hospitals in multiple specialties by U.S. News World Report. This comprehensive pediatric medical and surgical center features nationally recognized pediatric sub-specialists in a wide range of fields. Opportunity
The department of Obstetrics and Gynecology is recruiting a Maternal-Fetal Medicine specialist to join an established academic division at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor. The Division of Maternal-Fetal Medicine strongly supports the career development for all faculty members in research, teaching, and a broad range of other academic endeavors. The Division of Reproductive Sciences has an established track record of P01 NIH funding in perinatal biology with special emphasis on vascular biology. There are active ongoing collaborations between the MFM faculty members and the internationally renowned perinatal scientists. There are opportunities for collaboration with the Department and with other faculty members in the Medical School. The Maternal-Fetal Medicine Division
MFM faculty responsibilities include:
- Collaborative environment working alongside highly skilled MFM’s and pediatric subspecialists of all sub-specialties
- Performs approximately 15,000 ultrasounds with nine sonographers in a state-of-the art diagnostic unit.
- Staff inpatient clinical care for highest risk pregnancies, provide approximately 600-700 consults for interesting high complexity cases and staff prenatal diagnosis unit
- L&D delivers more than 5,000 babies annually in a modern facility with a pleasant work environment.
- Well-established ADA-recognized diabetes in pregnancy program.
- Teaching medical students, OB/GYN residents, and maternal-fetal medicine fellows.
- Inpatient and outpatient clinical services
- Staff inpatient clinical care for highest risk pregnancies
- No in-house call for MFM faculty
- Participation in departmental and divisional conferences, departmental and hospital committees, and quality improvement process
Leadership opportunity for Fellowship Director to take over an existing fellowship Community Highlights
Both a state capital and a college town, this beautiful community provides a high quality of life, with excellent schools, a wide variety of arts and entertainment, and ready access to nature and recreation. Laid out on an isthmus surrounded by sparkling lakes, the city is known for its natural beauty, low crime rates and easy-to-find, budget-friendly healthy foods. With more than 120 distinct neighborhood associations working together to protect each other, safety is prevalent wherever you go. Residents move freely outdoors, riding the city’s plentiful bike paths, cross-country skiing under the lights at the city’s largest trail, or paddling kayaks.