This ACC University is seeking an energetic Division Chief of Maternal Fetal Medicine to join their well-regarded Department of Obstetrics, Gynecology & Women’s Health. The incoming Chief will take over a well-established program, replacing a departing chief, and bring into a new era. You will enjoy department and University support needed to lead a nationally recognized division and fellowship.
Merritt Hawkins, Department of Academics has partnered with this University for this critical recruitment. With new and energetic leadership at the Department level, it is imperative that the right physician be identified to run the Division of Maternal Fetal Medicine.
- Vision, Direction, and Energy – this is a division that is in need of a positive energy and growth. Enjoy the opportunity to remake this division to match your vision – including recruitment of additional faculty.
- Fellowship – As a program that in the past has had a strong fellowship program, it is not currently running. We would look for this Chief to rebuild this fellowship program.
- Stabilize the clinical function of the division and work within the community to expand market-share. Over 80% of OB/GYN’s in the region trained at this University, so all of these MFM referrals should be coming to the program.
- Research – this is a division that is not currently strong in research. While the primary goal of this division is clinical in nature, the ability to build on research is exciting
FANTASTIC PLACE TO CALL HOME!
- Energy and Drive – We are seeking an influx of energy and ideas to the department. While prior division chief experience is a huge asset, of great importance to this division right now is new energy and new direction
- We are considering candidates of all academic ranks
- Academic Interests – While strong clinical experience is key, a true interest in academics – working with residents and establishing a fellowship program are key.
- Management Ability – whether through experience, MBA, or other routes, the ability to manage the growth and the finances of the department
This top University city of over 1 million in population is an ideal place to call home! With its international airport, it is a word-wide hub for a renowned logistics company. It boasts a temperate climate and fantastic, laid-back, quality of life. In addition, you have access to multiple cities/locations throughout the Midwest and Southeast – easy to visit family and friends!
- Rich sporting history – from baseball to horse racing, this city is a household name
- Job Market – home to numerous Fortune 500 companies, this city is consistently ranked in the top nationally for its fantastic job market (Top 10 by Ziprecruiter and Top 25 by Glassdoor)
- “Foodie” Culture – recognized nationally and world-wide for its fantastic and rich restaurant culture
- Cost of Living – the low cost of living takes your pay further. Recognized as Top-10 city where pay goes furthest by Glassdoor and recognized by Bankrate as a Top-10 city for home ownership
Whether experienced or just building your academic leadership career, this position is worth a conversation. Please forward a copy of your CV for review and call me to discuss in depth.