A renowned university medical school is seeking a qualified candidate to serve in a myeloma faculty position. The school’s myeloma center is the most comprehensive center in the world for research and clinical care related to multiple myeloma and related diseases, such as Castleman disease and Waldenström macroglobulinemia. Its team of leading scientists and clinicians has pioneered many advances that have become standards of care, leading to improved survival rates.
- The ideal candidate should possess a strong interest in clinical and/or translational research. Prior myeloma experience in an academic environment is also essential.
- This is a wonderful opportunity for an individual who desires to teach while maintaining the ability to conduct research, see patients, and work with students.
- The faculty are assisted by a supportive care team consisting of eight APRNs, one MD (IM), and an assigned infectious disease physician located adjacent to the infusion center.
- You will benefit from a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits, and a strong commitment to obtain an NCI designation in the next three to five years.
This is a remarkable opportunity to work for an organization committed to the following:
Our institution is the only tertiary care center and the only comprehensive cancer center in Arkansas
- Accelerating curative therapies for multiple myeloma and related diseases through an integrated program of innovative research and high-quality comprehensive patient care
- Customizing care based on each patient’s genetic profile and risk factors for truly personalized treatment
- Pushing the envelope of understanding and discovery to unravel the biology of multiple myeloma and to maximize cure possibilities
Located in the inviting capital city of Little Rock, Arkansas, our practice is part of a culturally diverse community filled with warm-hearted residents and a variety of events and activities for families and individuals alike. Surrounded by scenic beauty in the heart of the Natural State, you will have endless opportunities to enjoy an abundance of outdoor activities, including road cycling, mountain biking, golf, kayaking, paddle boarding, rock climbing, hiking, and fishing in the many local and nearby parks, mountains, rivers, and lakes.
- You will enjoy affordable housing options in charming neighborhoods and a cost of living nearly 12% lower than the national average.
- We offer exceptional public and private schools, including the #2 best public middle school and #7 best public high school as well as five of the top 10 best private high schools in the state (Niche).
- Our town experiences minimal traffic, allowing for short commute times.