The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is seeking a board-certified non-invasive cardiologist for a faculty position. Our state-of-the-art 450-bed university hospital opened in January 2009 and offers outstanding fellowship programs in non-invasive cardiology, interventional cardiology, and clinical cardiac electrophysiology. In this role, the physician
will benefit from immediate patient volume, exceptional subspecialty support, and mentorship opportunities.
Grow your practice with an incredibly supportive organization
- The successful candidate will have a strong interest in teaching and being part of an academic environment, as teaching is a critical component of this role.
- The qualified individual will divide time among the non-invasive lab, inpatient cardiology service, inpatient consult service, and the ambulatory clinic.
- The ideal candidate must be skilled in the utilization of transthoracic echocardiograms and performing transesophageal echo, dobutamine stress echo, and treadmill echo.
- We are seeking a candidate with clinical experience, while experience in academics and teaching residents/fellows is also preferred.
- An individual with specialized skills and interests in the areas of nuclear, heart failure, MRI, or cardiac PET will have the ability to lead and build such a program as he or she desires.
Located in the inviting capital city of Little Rock, Arkansas, our practice is part of a culturally diverse community filled with warm-hearted residents and a variety of events and activities for families and individuals alike. Surrounded by scenic beauty in the heart of the Natural State, you will have endless opportunities to enjoy an abundance of outdoor activities,
including road cycling, mountain biking, golf, kayaking, paddle boarding, rock climbing, hiking, and fishing in the many local and nearby parks, mountains, rivers, and lakes.
U.S. News ranks Arkansas #12 in Best States for Affordability
- You will enjoy affordable housing options in charming neighborhoods and a cost of living nearly 12% lower than the national average.
- We offer exceptional public and private schools, including the #2 best public middle school and #7 best public high school as well as five of the top 10 best private high schools in the state (Niche).
- Our town experiences minimal traffic, allowing for short commute times.