Michigan State University and McLaren Greater Lansing are seeking a board-certified or board-eligible breast surgeon who is passionate about growing his or her practice with support from the university, McLaren, and the local community. The ideal candidate is either a general surgeon with sufficient expertise/experience in breast surgery, a physician fellowship-trained in breast surgical oncology, or a physician fellowship-trained in general/complex surgical oncology with expertise/experience in breast surgery.
This is a wonderful opportunity to experience autonomy and flexibility while focusing 100% on breast surgical oncology (with the option to assist in general surgery, if desired) in an area with little competition. The incoming physician will have the ability to work with new technologies, conduct cutting-edge research (basic science or clinical), and make a name for himself or herself in the area while becoming a trusted expert.
- Academic employment with a private practice style model
- Earn a competitive salary with wRVU bonus opportunity
- Work in a brand new hospital that will be complete in 2021
- Academic appointment at assistant, associate, or full professor level (contingent upon experience)
- Opportunity to grow and build the breast surgery program
Enjoy Protected Time for Research and Academic Activities
Michigan’s capital city, Lansing is an engaging family-friendly community filled with exciting events and activities throughout the entire year. Less than an hour and a half from Detroit, you’ll have access to the city’s many amenities, including professional sporting events, incredible shopping and dining options, an international airport, and a variety of art and cultural attractions.
U.S. News ranked Michigan #5 in Best States for Affordability and in the Top 15 in Best States for Healthcare Access
- Benefit from a cost of living more than 18% lower than the national average
- Our town boasts exceptional public and private schools, including two of the top 10 best public middle schools and one of the top 15 best public high schools in the state (Niche)
- Enjoy convenient access to the nearby Great Lakes
- Experience an active lifestyle with an abundance of outdoor recreation on the many walking/biking trails