Merritt Hawkins, the nation’s premier academic search firm, has partnered with the Department of Family and Community Medicine at Western Michigan University's brand new Homer Stryker School of Medicine to expand and enhance clinical services, research, and both medical student and resident training. We are seeking board certified or eligible, Family Medicine & Obstretrics (FP/OB) trained physicians. Prior academic experience is not required, but a history of scholarly activity is preferred. Qualified candidates will have the option for surgical obstetrics.
Kalamazoo, Michigan - Easy Access to Chicago and Detroit
- Opportunity to be employed by a new medical school with 8 residency programs
- Great quality of life—work out of one hospital with a light call schedule
- Protected time for administrative duties and scholarly interests
- Everything on-site—Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, behavioral health, and pharmacy
- Collegial group—great working environment
- Excellent salary and benefits package with up to 7 weeks of PTO annually
- Ideal candidate for this academic Family Medicine with Obstetrics position will have a strong interest in teaching
Located in a metro area of over 325,000 people, this community has something to offer everyone!
- Monthly art hops, one-of-a-kind restaurants, weekly festivals, craft breweries and wineries give this college town an exciting energy.
- Historic architecture juxtaposed with modern concepts preserve charm and authenticity while fostering innovation.
- Strong public school systems and a variety of private school options are available.
- The city is conveniently located in close proximity to gorgeous beaches, multiple ski resorts, and a quick train ride away from Chicago and Detroit.
Current or recent experience with Obstetrics, low risk vaginal deliveries
About The Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.