Merritt Hawkins, the nation’s premier academic physician search firm, is assisting the established and reputable Department of Dermatology at the University of Iowa. We are seeking board certified or eligible, fellowship-trained Pediatric Dermatologists from academic or non-academic backgrounds.
Also ranked last year by Forbes Magazine as America’s #1 Health Care Employer, UIHC offers a rewarding work-environment and great work-life balance as well as the following:
Iowa City - One of the best-educated and safest communities in the country
- Work among a collegial team of dermatologists at Iowa’s only comprehensive academic medical center
- Enjoy protected time for administrative duties and scholarly activities including research
- Practice alongside dedicated support staff including a PA and a RN in pediatric dermatology
- Opportunity to teach medical students and residents and establish a pediatric dermatology fellowship
- Immediate leadership opportunity as Director of Pediatric Dermatology for qualified candidates
- Work environment includes the brand new, 14-story, $360-million UI Stead Family Children’s hospital
- Very manageable, shared call coverage with residents taking primary call
- Excellent salary commensurate with experience including an incentive program
- Comprehensive benefits package including excellent retirement contribution and relocation assistance
- Iowa City offers a cosmopolitan flavor without the traffic, crime, or high cost of living associated with a metropolitan area in addition to:
- Outstanding public schools, typically ranked in the top 1% nationally
- World-class entertainment, eclectic culinary experiences, as well as an abundance of literary, musical, and cultural opportunities
- Gorgeous custom homes built on large lots with prices under $150/sq. ft.
- 20 minutes from Cedar Rapids - Immediate airport access and convenient proximity to multiple major metropolitan areas
Board certified or eligible in Pediatric Dermatology
About The Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.