Merritt Hawkins, the nation’s leading academic physician recruitment and consulting firm is proud to partner with East Carolina University, and its Division of Neurology for several key recruitments. Under direction of the new Dean, Mark Stacy, there is an institutional focus on expanding the research output and growing an already successful division, while nearly doubling its size. The Division of Neurology has eight adult neurologists and two pediatric neurologists. The clinical practice offers a variety of services, including MRI, in a relaxed, comfortable setting with 24,000 square feet of office, consultation, and treatment areas. This is a flexible position which allows for participation in other academic, research, and clinical pursuits. The Division is actively involved in the training of medical students and residents. The successful candidate will join our academic group in a tenure-track or fixed-term appointment. The ECU Brody School of Medicine is affiliated with Vidant Medical Center, providing acute, intermediate, rehabilitation, and outpatient health services to more than 1.4 million people in 29 counties in Eastern North Carolina.Opportunities to build busy, regional specialty programs and make a name for yourself nationally.
Greenville, North Carolina:
- Division Chief: Seeking an innovative leader who will help build this dynamic neuroscience service line; known for excellence in clinical medicine, into an academic and research powerhouse.
- Movement Disorders: Seeking fellowship trained academic clinicians to lead and grow this already busy regional program.
- Neuromuscular: Join an already high volume neuromuscular program with room to expand even further.
- Pediatric Neurologists: Join two busy child neurologists.
- General Neurology: Need for general neurologists for both outpatient clinic and inpatient consults.
- Stroke: There are a number of stroke clinical trials and a foundation in place for a vascular neurologist to make an impact on the region.
Located just over an hour from Raleigh-Durham, the Outer Banks, Oriental, the sailing capital of North Carolina and the Atlantic Ocean, Greenville is an ideal family-oriented community and growing college town that caters to outdoor enthusiasts.
- Home to East Carolina University (ECU), the third largest and fastest growing university in the state
- Vibrant college community including over 35,000 students
- ECU's nationally recognized arts, theater, and music program offers entertainment opportunities for the entire family
- Low cost of living, affordable housing, and an excellent choice of schools
- Desirable climate with mild winters and four seasons
- Division I American Athletic Conference-football, basketball, and baseball teams
- Numerous shopping opportunities, including popular national chains and unique, locally-owned stores
- 20 parks including 3 waterfront- a 324-acre nature park and an outdoor amphitheater
- Numerous challenging private and public golf courses.