On behalf of the Division of Pediatric Neurosciences at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital (HDVCH) in Grand Rapids, MI, MillicanSolutions, LLC, a leader in pediatric sub-specialty executive recruitment, has initiated a national search seeking an entrepreneurial leader as the Section Chief for its Pediatric Neurodevelopmental Program and Endowed Chair of The Gerber Center for Infant Development and Nutrition.
The new Section Chief will be responsible for the comprehensive operations of the Section so that, as a whole, the Division supports the mission of HDVCH including education, clinical services, research and other scholarly activity, and advocacy. This full-time position offers an opportunity to lead a growing team of two physicians and two APPs as well as support staff. Leadership development, mentoring, and operational support resources are available for the selected candidate. Transformational Leadership Position Highlights:
- Best of both worlds; private practice model/financial rewards while emphasizing importance of academic mission.
- Scholarly/research interests are highly desirable, along with experience in teaching medical students and residents.
- Evolving children’s hospital with tremendous potential for programmatic development/legacy opportunity.
- Commitment to grow the Section to 4-Pediatric Neurodevelopmental providers.
- Opportunity to develop a fellowship program.
- Section Chief will serve as Medical Director of the nationally renowned HDVCH Intensive Feeding Program.
- HDVCH offers academic appointment through clinical academic partner, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine. Opportunity to collaborate with four nationally renowned autism researchers.
- Develop multidisciplinary Neurodevelopmental clinics including growth of the Autism Center.
The physicians in the practice are members of The Spectrum Health Medical Group (SHMG), a growing, physician-led, multispecialty practice with over 300-providers dedicated to pediatrics. SHMG is a member of Grand Rapids based Spectrum Health. Spectrum Health is a $6-billion enterprise ranked as one of the top 15-health systems nationally. Facility Description:
Ranked in 6-specialties (2017-18) US News & World Report Best Children’s Hospitals, HDVCH is a state-of-the-art, globally integrated, 236-bed free standing dedicated children’s hospital located on the main campus of Spectrum Health. Annually, there are 8760 inpatient and 124,600 ambulatory visits, as well as over 55,185 children seen in the Pediatric Emergency Department (Level 1 Trauma rated). HDVCH also has one of the nation’s largest NICU’s (108-beds). Community:
Grand Rapids, a city on the rise, is the second largest city in Michigan, located just 30-miles from the beautiful shores of Lake Michigan. Diverse communities offer excellent public, charter, and private schools. The city is alive year round with endless opportunities for recreation, arts, sports, museums, concerts, and is the home of Art Prize, the world’s largest art competition. Grand Rapids is ranked 19th Best Places to Live by the US News & World Report.