Merritt Hawkins, the nation’s premier academic search firm, invites you to consider a rare opportunity to join the Division of Gastroenterology at a major hospital in Southeast Texas. This role which is located only one hour and twenty minutes from Houston will allow you to build a practice as you desire with a patient population in waiting. We are seeking a board certified Gastroenterologist, or fellow, with an interest in joining a private practice and have an academic title. This opportunity features:
- Patient population and facilities are available and waiting. You will have the chance to build the practice from a blank canvas
- Have the support of one of the top training and academic centers in Texas for complex cases and cancers
- Equitable call with hospitalists handling overnight admissions
- Work in one hospital and clinic location with state-of-the-art facilities and equipment
- Collaborate and consult with top-tier, fellowship trained oncologists, and gastroenterologists
- Excellent salary and comprehensive benefits including relocation assistance and a generous retirement
In addition to working with a world-class program and team of physicians, you will be working in a part of the Texas that will allow you the ability to be within a short drive of Houston as well as the coast. The area offers the following benefits:
- The area is home to a national Carnegie Doctoral Research University
- Home to thriving businesses and a multitude of cultural amenities
- Short commute to the 4th largest city in the nation
- Easy coastal access
This institution is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Board Certification Gastroenterology, for graduating fellows board eligibility
About The Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.