The University of Florida’s Division of Geriatric Medicine and Department of Aging and Geriatric Research are seeking motivated and enthusiastic physicians for full-time, non-tenure, clinician-track faculty positions at the ranks of clinical assistant, associate, or full professor. Successful candidates will join a vibrant and diverse clinical and research community at the Institute on Aging, whose primary mission is to improve the health, independence, and quality of life of older adults by means of interdisciplinary teams in the areas of research, education, and health care.
Candidates will have the opportunity to perform clinical duties at the institution’s growing outpatient geriatric office by providing both outpatient and consultative services. Additionally, as part of an integrated geriatric consult service for both medical and surgical cases, candidates may provide consultations in the University of Florida Health Shands Hospital—ranked #37 in the nation in geriatrics by U.S. News & World Report—services may also be provided in one of the area’s skilled nursing facilities/long-term care facilities, with the opportunities available for medical directorships.Job Details
UF Health Shands Hospital is nationally ranked by U.S. News & World Report in 7 adult specialties and 5 pediatric specialties
- Educational activities take place at all clinical settings and include teaching medical students, residents, and geriatric fellows.
- Scholarly activities are encouraged, and participation in educational and clinical research outcomes-based projects is available.
- Center is located in new contemporary building with the very latest in equipment and expertise in epidemiological, clinical, translational and technology research on aging.
- Wonderful opportunity to enjoy a remarkable quality of life—work Monday through Friday with no weekend call requirements.
Home to the University of Florida, Gainesville is a charming town filled with tremendous opportunity and a variety of events and activities for families and individuals alike. With a united spirit and energy provided by the school’s students and fans and neighbors who become more like family, Gainesville offers a welcoming environment that allows everyone to feel right at home.
U.S. News ranks Florida #3 in Best States for Education, and Forbes ranks it #7 in Best States for Business
- Benefit from a lower cost of living than the national average in a state with no state income tax.
- Gainesville boasts exceptional public schools, including one of the top 20 best public middle schools and two of the top 50 best public high schools in the state (Niche).
- Spend time in the city’s inviting downtown area, featuring tree-lined streets with parks, theaters, a local farmers market, and one-of-a-kind boutiques and restaurants.
- Experience an abundance of outdoor recreation, including both Atlantic and Gulf beaches, hiking, biking, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, and golfing.
- Enjoy convenient access to Jacksonville, Tampa, and Orlando, and both Florida coasts, and their many amenities, including top-notch shopping and dining, Disney World, Universal Studios, international airports, and professional sporting events.