Merritt Hawkins invites you to consider joining a technologically advanced, and multi-award winning Oncology program on the Southern shores of Lake Superior. We are seeking an additional board-certified (board eligible if within 5 years of training) Oncologist
due to an announced retirement and overall practice growth.
- 4-day work week in clinic
- 12 to 18 total patients per day on average
- 1 administrative day per week to catch up if needed
- Call is 1:5
- Our Oncologists are afforded the time they feel is necessary to accurately understand and address the patient’s questions and concerns unique to their diagnosis
- Fully staffed outpatient infusion center on-site
- Dedicated Oncology Pharmacy
- Hospital-employed referral base of nearly 175 providers
- Fantastic sub-specialty support (Rad/Onc, Surgery, Intensivists, and more)
- Ability to participate in numerous clinical trials
- Physician described “Stellar Oncology Nursing Staff”
- Technologically advanced treatment options on-site
- $550,000 annual base salary
- $50,000 sign-on bonus and relocation assistance
- Comprehensive employed benefits package includes malpractice, tail, medical, life, disability, and more
- Six weeks off for vacation and CME with stipend, plus personal days, sick days, and all recognized major holidays if not on call
Recently named Best Outdoors Town for 2014 by Outside
Magazine, Duluth, Minnesota reigned supreme over 63 other top destination cities across the entire United States. In Duluth, there are virtually limitless opportunities for adventure. The greater Duluth metro is home to roughly 200,000 people and the hospital has a medical service area of about 500,000. Duluth offers the convenience of an international airport with direct flights to Minneapolis/St. Paul (26 minutes), Las Vegas, Chicago-OHare, Detroit, Orlando, and Phoenix-Mesa. They are also home to the University of Minnesota Duluth and their accredited Family Medicine residency program.
Duluth is a regional medical, cultural, entertainment, educational, banking, and retail center serving Northeast Minnesota, Northwest Wisconsin, upper Michigan, and Southern Ontario, Canada. Cultural activities include the acclaimed Duluth/Superior Symphony Orchestra, professional Minnesota Ballet Company, Duluth Playhouse, Art Institute, Entertainment/Convention Center, and Great Lakes Aquarium. Recreational opportunities are bountiful including fishing, camping, golfing, hiking, boating, down-hill/cross-country skiing, snowmobiling, and skating.