Merritt Hawkins, the nation’s premier academic search firm, is pleased to partner with the #1 Children’s Hospital in Michigan and in their pursuit of a Pediatric Emergency Medicine physician to aid in the further development of their program. We are seeking fellowship trained, and either board certified or board eligible Pediatric Emergency Medicine physicians for this role. Applicants from both private practice and academic backgrounds are welcome to apply.
Established in 1886, this facility is the first and largest freestanding hospital in the state completely dedicated to serving children. This facility has an international reputation in pediatric medicine, surgery, and research, training more pediatricians than any other facility in Michigan.
- 228-bed hospital—recent $400 million renovation
- Newly renovated 56-bed ED, plus 4-bed resuscitation bay and a separate 6-bed mental health unit—all designed with LEAN methodology
- (ACS) verified Level I pediatric trauma center
- Over 40 pediatric medical and surgical specialties
- Work alongside medical students, residents, and fellows
- Collegial work environment with an emphasis on teamwork and quality of life
- Competitive compensation with sign-on bonus/relocation allowance
- Comprehensive benefits—outstanding retirement package
In addition to this tremendous practice opportunity, you will enjoy the following amenities…
- Metropolitan market filled with cultural diversity
- Resurgent economy—construction throughout the downtown and mid-town areas
- Professional sports—Detroit is home to the Lions, Tigers, Red Wings and Pistons
- Some of the nation’s best universities and colleges within a short commute
- Motown—area rich in musical history
- Minutes from some of the area’s greatest attractions, the Great Lakes, and even Canada
- Beautiful suburban communities with outstanding public and private schooling options
- International airport for travel
For more information or to apply for this position, all candidates must respond directly to Merritt Hawkins.
Interested candidates are encouraged to respond with a copy of your CV and the best telephone number to reach you.