An academically-focused tertiary care center in Detroit, Michigan is seeking a Bone Marrow Transplant Physician Director to join their staff.
In this role, the Cellular Therapy Program (CTP)/BMT Physician Director will join three other BMT physicians focused on full scope of bone marrow transplants.
Job Will Entail:
- FACT Accredited since 2006, performing both autologous, and allogeneic related & matched unrelated donor transplants, along with cord blood stem cell and haploidentical transplants
- CAR-T Therapy Available
- Providers perform an average of 90-100 transplants per year
- Dedicated transplant unit with 20 beds available
- Large Referral base: CTP Program Embedded in Division of Hematology/Oncology with 27 providers
- Program is supported by APPs, nursing staff, technical/lab personnel, a psychologist, social work, quality manager, research and administrative support
- To be housed in the new HFCI/Brigitte Harris Pavilion in 2020
- Administration of the Program; Overseeing professional and technical roles of each member of the program
- Will be responsible for clinical collection, processing, research and clinical trials
- Overseeing FACT accreditation
- Approximately 30% of the role will be dedicated to administrative duties
A minimum of 5 years of experience is desired.Overview:
Henry Ford Health System, one of the largest and most comprehensive integrated U.S. health
care systems, is a national leader in clinical care, research and education. The system includes
the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, five hospitals, Health Alliance Plan (a health
insurance and wellness company), Henry Ford Physician Network, a 150-site ambulatory
network and many other health-related entities throughout southeast Michigan, providing a
full continuum of care. In 2015, Henry Ford provided $299 million in uncompensated care.
The health system also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 24,600
employees. Henry Ford is a 2011 Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award recipient. The
health system is led by President and CEO Wright Lassiter III. To learn more, visit HenryFord.com. For more information or to apply for this position, all candidates must respond directly to Merritt Hawkins.