Geisinger and Merritt Hawkins invite applications for Outpatient Primary Care opportunities in Northeast & Central Pennsylvania.
Established in 1915, Geisinger comprises 13 hospital campuses, two research centers, a college of medicine and a nearly 600,000-member health plan serving more than three million residents in central, south-central and northeast Pennsylvania and beyond. Join the Geisinger family and help shape the future of health.
As a Primary Care Physician at Geisinger, you'll enjoy access to the innovative tools and support you need to do what you do best – provide exceptional care.
- An innovative model of care:
- Patients age 65 and older, receive extended 40-minute appointments, giving their physicians quality time to care for seniors
- 20-minute appointments for patients under 65 and acute care visits
- Expanded care team:
- In addition to Geisinger’s primary care physicians and advanced practitioners, their care team includes shared clerical staff, nurses, medication therapy management pharmacists and pharmacy management, RN case managers, health managers, social workers, clinic health associates, primary care nurse coordinators, behavioral health specialists (onsite and via telehealth) and coding educators
- Capped patient panel size:
- The risk-adjusted patient panel size for physicians is capped at 2,100 patients and advanced practitioners at 1,800
- MyCode Community Health Initiative
- The ground-breaking genomics program ensures that patients get the best diagnosis possible. MyCode analyzes the DNA of patient-participants to diagnose medical conditions earlier and help find new treatments to manage these diseases
- Geisinger’s advanced, nationally recognized patient-centered medical home model provides improved control of chronic diseases and more complete preventative care
Why Choose Geisinger?
Geisinger takes pride in the professional and developmental support they provide:
- Base salary model: Starting base salary of $250,000 (for those with two years or less experience; higher for those above two years of experience), compensates providers based on quality metrics
- Recruitment incentive: $100K incentive paid in a lump sum upon start.
- Medical school loan repayment: $150K paid in 4 installments
- Residency/Fellowship stipend: $2,500/month available up to 18 months prior to graduation
- Geography stipend: Up to $20K at specified locations
- Continuing medical education: 15 working days and $3,500 annually
- Teaching opportunities: Available at one of Geisinger’s four primary care residency programs including: Family medicine, internal medicine, and internal medicine/pediatrics. Additional teaching opportunities are available via advanced practice preceptorship, medical student teaching and faculty appointment with the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine
- Comprehensive benefits including paid parental leave, liability, retirement, relocation and more!
Geisinger is surrounded by natural beauty that offers a variety of scenery and activities, while New York, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Washington, D.C. are just a short drive from anywhere in the service region. Take advantage of everything these metro areas have to offer while enjoying the low cost of living, affordable upscale housing, excellent schools and other benefits of living in a less urban environment.
Interested candidates, please fill out the form to be considered.