between 8 - 12h shifts. Not more than 120 hours/mo.
Growing Department of Emergency Medicine Seeks Faculty
Merritt Hawkins, the nation’s premiere academic physician search firm, has partnered with a burgeoning Department of Emergency Medicine seeking residency-trained ABEM and fellowship-trained PEM physicians for clinical or core faculty roles with a new university residency program started in 2014. Applicants with academic and non-academic backgrounds or those coming directly out of fellowship are welcome to apply.
As an employee of the University Health System, faculty take advantage of:
- ACS Certified Level I Trauma Center
- Upcoming expansions to University Hospital ED will double bed size by 2018
- Average a maximum of 120 clinical hours per month, 8 to 12 hour shifts
- Join an all boarded group of 24 ABEM and 2 PEM physicians
- Double coverage by attendings most hours with triple coverage during peak times
- 4:1 nurse to physician ratio
- Mid-level coverage 22 hours per day
- Ability to teach at both the GME and UME levels
- Spirit of collaboration and strong institutional support for research
- Comprehensive benefits package with retirement match
- Relocation allowance and sign-on bonus
- Malpractice insurance coverage
- Academic rank and salary commensurate with experience
Consistently rated as one of the top cities in the nation by countless magazines and other organizations, this community has something to offer everyone. The locals enjoy a scenic backdrop with hundreds of miles of hike and bike trails and a four-season climate. The city comes alive for Division I collegiate sporting events, concerts, and a variety of festivals throughout the year. Families and individuals alike will enjoy a strong public school system, low unemployment rates, and a great cost of living.
BC/BE in Emergency Medicine
About The Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation’s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.