On behalf of University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital (UHRBC) and the Department of Anesthesiology, MillicanSolutions, LLC, an AMN Healthcare Company and leader in academic pediatric sub-specialty recruitment, has initiated a national search to identify an additional Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesiologist to join the Division of Pediatric Anesthesiology and The Congenital Heart Collaborative.
The Congenital Heart Collaborative (TCHC), an innovative affiliation between UHRBC in Cleveland, OH and Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, OH combines two nationally renowned university-based pediatric medical centers to form one program on two campuses. The joint collaboration provides care for patients with congenital heart disease from fetal life to adulthood. The innovative collaboration provides families with access to one of the most extensive and experienced heart teams – highly skilled in the delivery of quality clinical services, novel therapies and a seamless continuum of care. From aligning the service line structure consistently across institutions to implementing quality projects and extending programs, TCHC has built a premier congenital heart program centered on leading-edge clinical care, education, and research.Highlights:
- Clinical responsibilities include perioperative care of children undergoing procedures in all areas of Pediatric Cardiology, including cardiac surgery, interventional cardiology, and electrophysiology. The position will also be responsible for medical student, resident, and fellow education.
- The Division of Pediatric Anesthesiology currently consists of 10-Pediatric Anesthesiologists and maintains a well-established ACGME accredited Pediatric Anesthesiology fellowship program.
- Viable need based on case volumes for catheterization lab and cardiac surgery have increased by over 300% since the inception of The Congenital Heart Collaborative.
- Future projects include expanding cardiac step down unit, building new state-of-the-art cardiac ICU, hybrid cardiac catheterization and operating room suites.
- Joining a strong child-centered team that have created an intimate “family culture” working environment.
- UHRBC is a 244-bed renowned children’s hospital and a principal referral center for Ohio and the region.
The successful candidate will be ABA Board Certified or eligible in Pediatric Anesthesiology with a preference towards a minimum of 3-years of experience in Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia or having completed a 1-year fellowship in Pediatric Cardiac Anesthesia. Scholarly activity will be qualified to be appointed at the rank of Assistant Professor or higher and will be eligible for an unrestricted medical license in the state of Ohio. All interactions will remain confidential and no inquiries will be made without the consent of the applicant.
University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status protected by law.