The University of Chicago’s Student Health Services (SHS) is seeking one experienced internal medicine or family medicine primary care physician who will continue the organization’s mission of providing exceptional care to its approximately 6,000 undergraduate students and 10,000 graduate and professional students.
The SHS believes that quality health is essential to each student’s individual academic success. At the University of Chicago, all students have access to coordinated and comprehensive services targeted at building and maintaining a healthy overall well-being. The University’s student body is very diverse, comprised of 43% female, 57% male students—13% Asian, 8% Hispanic or Latino and 4% Black or African American—with a growing LGBTQ population.
- The ideal candidates will have experience in and be comfortable with treating the LGBTQ+ patient population.
- The incoming physicians will help students with primary and acute health care needs, including routine medical services.
- The university is constructing a brand new state-of-the-art Student Wellness Center, expected to be completed in 2020. The center will expand the existing student health facility located at the heart of the University Medical Center campus.
- Ancillary services are all conveniently located a short walk away to the UC Medical Center, including X-Ray and pharmacy. Through collaborations with the University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine, consults and referrals are available for every subspecialty.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university, originally established in 1890, and currently is ranked #6 in National Universities by U.S. News & World Report
ranked by Niche
as #20 in Best Cities for Young Professionals in America, Chicago offers tremendous opportunity as well as plenty of events and activities perfect for families and individuals alike. With excitement in every season and endless opportunities to explore and seek adventure, Chicago has something for everyone.
- The University of Chicago campus sits on 217 acres in the city’s beautiful Hyde Park neighborhood near Lake Michigan.
- Choose between a number of remarkable living options, including those in the downtown area or in Chicago’s exquisite surrounding suburbs.
- Chicago boasts exceptional public and private schools, including four of the top 10 best public high schools and five of the top 10 best private high schools in the state (Niche), as well as multiple prestigious colleges and universities.
- Enjoy an array of big-city amenities, including top-notch shops and restaurants, live entertainment, an international airport, historical and tourist attractions, and collegiate and professional sporting events.
- Experience an abundance of outdoor recreation, including hiking, biking, running, golfing, camping, kayaking, and a variety of lake front and beach activities.