Merritt Hawkins, the nation’s leading academic search firm, invites you to consider an opportunity to join a growing Department of Psychiatry at a highly ranked medical school. We are seeking psychiatrists for the role of Staff Psychiatrist in Chapel Hill and Raleigh. These are mission-driven positions focused on improving the health and well-being of North Carolinians and others who are served. This is accomplished by providing excellence in the interrelated areas of patient care, education, and research. Striving to promote faculty, staff, and learner development in an environment where colleagues demonstrate professionalism, enhanced learning, and create personal and professional sustainability.Two Priority Recruitments
- Geriatric Psychiatry—join a Geriatric Psychiatry program with a thriving outpatient clinic and a 10-bed inpatient unit. This opportunity offers the chance to teach residents and fellows in both a didactic environment as well as the clinic.
- Crisis and Assessment Clinic—this clinic operates in a similar manner to an emergency department and currently has a 28-bed acute inpatient unit and two 16 bed residential units (one providing non-hospital medical detoxification and the other providing short-term psychiatric stabilization)
The Research Triangle
- Enjoy unparalleled academic resources, a quality work lifestyle, and a robust benefits package
- Guaranteed base salary plus productivity incentives
- Opportunities for long-term career growth within the academic system
- Provide training and clinical supervision to residents, medical students, and other mental health trainees plus, collaborate on relevant research projects
Live in some of the most sought-after suburbs of Chapel Hill, Raleigh, and Durham. Commonly referred to as “The Triangle,” it offers many options for families, including an abundance of outdoor activities, unique shops, dining, and nightlife. This globally prominent high-tech research and development center has made the area culturally diverse, economically resilient, and nationally recognized as a great place to live.