The Dell Medical School at The University of Texas at Austin is seeking an exceptional clinical leader to join the Department of Internal Medicine as Associate Chair for Clinical Innovation. Successful applicants will be eligible for appointment at the Associate Professor or Professor level and should have experience in clinical leadership within an academic medical center. All internal medicine specialties will be considered for the role, with the exception of hematology/oncology and division chief opportunities are available for some sub-specialties.BACKGROUND
The Dell Medical School enrolled its first class of 50 undergraduate medical students in June of 2016. As part of The University of Texas at Austin, one of the nation’s leading research universities, the Dell Medical School will pursue innovation in the re-design of healthcare delivery, excellence in healthcare research, and programs in interdisciplinary and inter-professional education.
Dell Medical School (DMS) is the first medical school established in nearly five decades by a member of the Association of American Universities, an organization of leading public and private research universities. An extraordinary commitment of resources, both public and private, has already been made to enable its development and success.
Dell Medical School’s mission is to revolutionize how people get and stay healthy by:
- Educating leaders who transform health care
- Evolving new models of person-centered, multidisciplinary care that reward value
- Advancing innovation from discovery to outcomes
- Improving health in our community as a model for the nation
- Redesigning the academic health environment to better serve society
The Associate Chair for Clinical Innovation will lead the clinical programs on behalf of the Chair and he or she will be responsible for ensuring the delivery of high-quality, value-based care for internal medicine and its subspecialties, in partnership with departmental leadership, Division Chiefs and faculty.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The University of Texas at Austin values diversity and is committed to equal opportunity for all persons regardless of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This position is security sensitive; conviction verification will be conducted on applicant selected.
- Lead the design, implementation, and iteration of value-based clinical care models in key internal medicine disease areas
- Develop new clinical programs that deliver on the mission of the School and Department
- Manage relationships with community physicians and groups in Austin, (such as the Austin VA, partner FQHCs) hospital partners (primarily Seton), and public and private payers, with the goal of aligning operations around value
- In partnership with the Division Chiefs, hold faculty accountable to the highest standards of clinical and operational practice
- Oversee key initiatives related to quality, patient experience, and outcomes improvements, within and across the divisions
- Develop metrics and performance evaluation processes to assess individual and group performance
- Collaborate with the Associate Chairs and Division Chiefs in the Department to ensure cohesive, mutually reinforced goals and initiatives
- Represent the Department in key clinical decision-making bodies within Dell Medical School and its partners