On behalf of the University of Colorado School of Medicine and Children’s Hospital Colorado, MillicanSolutions, LLC, is pleased to inform you of the inception of a national search for candidates to practice in the section of Developmental Pediatrics
at the Anschutz Medical Campus located in Aurora, CO.
The Section of Developmental Pediatrics seeks board certified/board eligible physicians in Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics or Neurodevelopmental Disabilities to complement the clinical and research activities of the section. These are full-time positions for early and mid-career professionals including attending physician responsibilities, participation in resident and fellow education, pursuit of academic endeavors appropriate for promotion, and contributions to administrative responsibilities.
- Growing and vibrant program with strong clinical and training infrastructure.
- Leadership role as Fellowship Director available, as well as other faculty openings.
- ACGME accredited Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics fellowship program.
- One of 12 Developmental-Behavioral Pediatric Training programs funded by HRSA/MCHB.
- Interdisciplinary and single discipline assessment and treatment of children and youth with a wide range of developmental and behaviors problems.
- Specialty assessment programs, such as Fragile X Clinic, Sleep Clinic, Pediatric Oral Feeding Clinic, Deaf and Hard of Hearing Clinic, and others.
- The eXtraordinarY Kids clinic, a national and internationally recognized program for children with XY chromosome disorders.
- Treatment programs for children and youth with developmental disabilities, including autism spectrum disorder, including Early Start Denver Model, Facing your Fears, cognitive behavior therapy, executive function groups, and others.
- Participation in Multidisciplinary Clinics with other Sections and Departments, such as Rett Clinic, 22q Clinic, Tuberous Sclerosis Clinic, Pulmonary Hypoplasia Clinic, and others.
- Associated with the Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (LEND) and University Center for Excellence in Developmental Disabilities (UCEDD) programs.
- One of 14 Developmental-Behavioral Pediatric Research Network (DBPNet) sites.
The Neuroscience Institute at Children’s Hospital Colorado is nationally and internationally recognized for providing outstanding care for children and adolescents with all types of neurological and neurodevelopmental disorders. The Neuroscience Institute brings together pediatric experts from the Sections of Developmental Pediatrics, Pediatric Neurology, and Pediatric Neurosurgery to deliver excellent outcomes.
About Children’s Hospital Colorado (CHCO):
Affiliated with the University of Colorado School of Medicine, CHCO is consistently ranked by U.S. News & World Report
as one of the top ten best children’s hospitals in the country. The free-standing hospital is licensed to operate 479-beds and annually performs on average over 19,000 surgeries, logs over 450,000 outpatient visits, and delivers over 100,000 days of inpatient care. CHCO is home to nationally and internationally recognized clinical and research programs, with the Department of Pediatrics consistently ranking as a top academic department for pediatric research funding from the NIH. The Anschutz Medical Campus includes over 5-million square feet of research, educational, and clinical space on 227 acres.
Even better than visiting the Mile High City is calling Denver home. There is no doubt that Denver residents come full circle with a “Mountain West” lifestyle that links them to the great outdoors, where they can enjoy the area’s numerous recreational opportunities, or just sit outside and enjoy the spectacular Rocky Mountain Views. Mix in a sunny climate (the arid conditions bring only 8 to 15 inches of annual precipitation and locals wake up to more than 300 days of sunshine a year) affordable and diverse housing options, moderate cost of living, multitude of education options, a host of cultural venues, professional sports teams, world-class shopping and dining options, and you have one of the country’s best places to live and work.