The Department of Academics at Merritt Hawkins has partnered with Emory University School of Medicine and the Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology to recruit a new Chief of Hematology. This new position will oversee benign hematology, malignant hematology, and stem cell transplantation. The Winship Cancer Institute of Emory University is the only NCI-Designated Comprehensive Cancer Center in the state of Georgia. Faculty members at Emory are active in research, medical education, and engaged in clinical care. Emory currently has a strong, but growing, Hematology Division that is in need of a world-renowned hematologist to lead the way in translational and/or lab research.
Emory is one of only a few universities in the country that has a stand-alone Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology, providing a unique cancer-specific structure. As the Chief of the Division of Hematology, you will have direct oversight of the clinical and scientific research, clinical standards, and faculty development related to hematologic malignancies, non-cancer hematology, and stem cell transplantation. Division Chief—Hematology
This opportunity provides you the ability to live in beautiful Atlanta, Georgia.
- We are seeking candidates at the Professor level and will consider rising stars at the Associate level.
- Collaborative environment working with MD, MD/Ph.D., Ph.D., physician-scientists, and across departmental lines to launch creative translational research.
- Position will oversee all sites of clinical services of hematology and recruit needed faculty for future clinical demand as the overall program continues to grow.
- Seeking a candidate who can create a national presence and reputation of meaningful research in the field of hematology and push the field of study.
- Candidate will have a track record of successful intramural funding who can foster the development of overall research in the division.
- This is a superb opportunity for an experienced hematologist in a unique Department of Hematology and Medical Oncology. Emory is a world-renowned university that has experienced tremendous growth in recent years, moving quickly from NCI designation to becoming a Comprehensive Cancer Center.
Atlanta is the capital city of Georgia and the major hub city of the Southeast. It is regularly regarded as the technology, innovation and entrepreneurship capital of the South. The city is known as an international gateway. Atlanta has the 3rd largest concentration of Fortune 500 companies in the country. Atlanta is a city that quite really has it all. It has recently been ranked the #1 Moving Destination in the Nation by Penske. The metro area has no end to amenities that stretch to the suburbs and beyond. Residents flock to this city for jobs, access, and low cost of living. All of this combined with the beautiful weather of the Southeast make Atlanta a can’t-miss location to call home.